Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What I have been up to..

I haven't updated this blog in a while due to me being busy during the semester but now I have some time to work on a few personal projects and a few updates on this blog.

So, I've completed another semester with with mostly A's. I got a C in character development but I expected that since I have never been a good writer, but I definitely tried my best. All in all I am satisfied with what I got. At the end of the semester my program has an events where the students can showcase some of there work and a have a few guest speakers that work in the game development industry. Towards the end the program chair and faculty handed out 14 awards to the best students in different courses. I was surprised I received one of those awards but definitely proud of myself. That moment showed me that I was heading in the right direction to my career. A few of the awards were also given to some of the most improved or dedicated students.

Now that I have some free time away from school. I am currently starting fresh with Maya. I haven't used that program since I took 3D Animation, so all of my modeling is done in 3ds Max. I now understand why so many artist work with Maya. Modeling in Maya seems easier and more flexible. Max is also a great program that is based heavily on modeling, but I feel like as far as organic modeling goes, Maya is better. Maya has better tools to work with curves and more "shortcuts" into achieving the some complex shapes that Max would take more time and skill to make. Besides Max and Maya are pretty standard in Animation, Game Design and Visual Effects.

I have also been looking more into what schools I would like to attend once I graduate. I'm glad that I have taken a drawing class, because most of the schools require a portfolio, so I already have a few pieces I can hand in.

I will be talking more on schools and I will also post some more of my work very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment