Monday, August 13, 2012

A few useful websites to check out in cyber world!

I've learned many things in  my first day of my new classes. A few useful tools and links to check out that I know will be a great benefit to the fellow cg artist.

Lynda.com is a great student resource site, that shows lessons on a variety of programs. I wish I knew about this site before learning about some of these programs on my own, maybe I would have a better understanding of them. I have been using Photoshop before I even wanted to do cg art, which was many many years ago, and I have learned things I've never discovered in the first 30 minutes of the lesson. Unfortunately If you are not a student you have to pay for it, but it does seem like a great price for the well rounded lessons they give you. You can even purchase the entire lesson on DVD with the resources included. Very great site to learn from.

There a few great online storage systems, which are great for transferring files from one computer to the next. Some of them include Dropbox, Sky Drive, and Google Drive.

For the Concept Artist out there, I have followed a fantastic concept artist by the name of Feng Zhu. I found out about him through YouTube when I was looking for some great concept art tutorials about a year ago. He has a design school but he has been generous enough to give a vast amount of lessons and tutorials on being the best concept artist you can be. Even if you are not a concept artist it great for anyone who would like to work in the gaming industry. His website is fengzhudesign.com, and you can type in FZD School on YouTube to get to his channel full of great videos. Check him out!

So, these are a few places that are a great benefit to me, I always try to look for different tools, programs, and lessons to learn from. You can only learn so much from school, most of your skills come from research and practice so its good to look up tutorials and tools any chance you get. It will help you get better and even develop your own style and creations.

So until next time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment