Monday, August 13, 2012

Start of a new semester

So, I am currently in my last few semesters and I decided to take classes on the artistic side of game design. They revolve around digital and traditional art, creating concept art, maps, backgrounds, and even custom textures.

I started 4 new classes this semester which are, art for games which focuses on concept art for video games. Graphic design tools, which focuses on creating logos, textures, video game box covers, and user interfaces. Drawing 1 which any artist from traditional to 3d should take. We will be covering many basic forms of drawing, from shading and lighting, contours, tone and value, still life, as well as working with graphite, charcoal, and oil pastels. The last class is character development. That class isn't until tomorrow so I'm not too sure what the class is exactly about but my guess is developing characters and strong backgrounds. I'm sure that includes designing the characters appearance based off of their story line. Many of my school mates loved that class so much that they have stared a club for it so I am really eager to start tomorrow.

So I'm really excited about this semester. I've always been good at 3D Modeling but my art as far as concepts and design could use some work. So I am confident that my work will GREATLY improve, and I will be pushing my self to do my very best. I always do.

I will be posting my progress and work from now until December from these classes, and make improvements along the way. So here is to an exciting semester!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment